Here are some facts about dog biscuits;
- Dog biscuits tend to be hard and dry.
- Dog biscuits may be sold in a flat bone-shape.
- Some manufacturers claim the dry and hard biscuit texture helps clean the dog’s teeth, and as a result promotes oral health.
- They are typically composed of protein, carbohydrates, fat, and fiber, because of the nutritional requirements of dogs.
- They are made in much the same way biscuits are made for human consumption.
- The raw materials are combined in a large container, the biscuits are shaped, cooked, cooled, and packaged.
- First developed accidentally during the 1800s, the dog biscuit snack market has grown to over $480 million in yearly sales. (source)
So can hamsters eat dog biscuits?
No they can’t eat them as they may make them sick. As a result, this is a food to avoid feeding them.