Last updated August 16th, 2016. Before we look at the question can hamsters eat bread? Let’s look at some facts about bread.
- Bread is a staple food prepared from a dough of flour and water, usually by baking.
- Throughout recorded history, bread has been popular around the world.
- Bread is indeed, one of the oldest artificial foods, having been of importance since the dawn of agriculture.
- There are many combinations and proportions of types of flour and other ingredients that go to make bread.
- There are also of different traditional recipes and modes in its preparation.
- As a result, there are wide varieties of types, shapes, sizes, and textures of breads in various regions.
- Bread may be leavened by many different processes such as the reliance on naturally occurring microbes (so-called “sourdough” recipes)
- Chemicals or industrially produced yeast to high-pressure artificial aeration methods can also be added during preparation or baking. (source)
So can hamsters eat bread at all?
Yes they can but it is only recommended in small amounts as it holds no nutritional value for them.
That said it isn’t bad for them all the same.